What makes SMA different?
There are alot of things that sets SMA apart from other local schools but here are just a few:
- We maintain old school traditions like respect, courtesy, honesty, loyalty, and honor in a digital age!
- We teach as much “culture” as we do technique. Our black belts can go to Korea and do an entire class without needing english and showing all proper etiquette.
- Our instructors maintain our root to Korea. Besides living in Korea for 5 years, our head instructor has gone back every 2 years for the past 20 years.
- We attend clinics, camps, and tournaments nationally and internationally- we aren’t the big frog in a small pond. We aren’t afraid to put our students out there to learn and grow and show their strong roots and skill.
- Our head instructor joined the US Air Force in 1995 and still actively serves today. He brings military discipline and structure as well as his experience to the table.
- We emphasize a strong foundation and are not a belt factory. There are no “participation trophies,” and students only advance when it is earned.
- We continue to learn and grow and find better ways to do thing so we will always have something to offer our students!